The joint-degree program in Law and Public Health at the University of Pittsburgh has been established in recognition of extensive and increasing connections between law and the broad range of health services, both public and private, in the United States.
The objective of this specialized educational program is to provide graduates with an inter-disciplinary education to prepare them to address issues affecting individual health care and the health of entire populations.
Graduates of this integrated joint-degree program are academically prepared to pursue careers serving governmental agencies at the federal, state, and local levels; practicing law representing private clients; serving as in-house counsel or on the management team at health care organizations and systems; and working with non-profit and community-based organizations. Many contemporary issues – ranging from the threat of bioterrorism, to health care reform, to the opioid epidemic – create a need to balance individual rights with public protection and demand expertise in both law and public health, making public health law an exciting and important focus for attorneys.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Students enrolled in the joint-degree program receive integrated training in law and public health. Students must complete 37 credits in the MPH curriculum, and 8 JD credits will be applied toward the MPH degree in order to meet the required 45 credits for the MPH degree.
- Students must complete 76 credits in the JD curriculum, and 12 MPH credits will be applied toward the JD degree in order to meet the required 88 credits for the JD degree.
- The first year of law school must be completed in a single academic year before embarking on studies in public health. Neither degree may be granted prior to the fulfillment of all requirements for the joint-degree program.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Law View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We offer this Web-based application in hopes that it will make our application process as easy and convenient as possible for you. To get started on your application, create an account on the right side of this page.
- You will receive a PIN and Password so that you can return to work on your application over several sessions. You will be able to upload additional information such as copies of unofficial transcripts and/or mark sheets, career statement, CV and writing sample.
- Your information is transmitted through a secured server and is kept confidential until you submit your application.
International45434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45434 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National45434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45434 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State34962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34962 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.