Bioethics from University of Pittsburg curriculum includes core courses, electives, clinical practica, and the MA thesis project. The degree is intended primarily to complement and enhance other graduate or professional education, although some students pursue the degree immediately upon graduation from college.
Designed for clinicians, lawyers, and students of the humanities and social sciences, the program emphasizes the philosophical foundation of bioethics.
- Bioethics and Law
- Clinical Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Philosophy & Ethics View 1260 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application form.
- $75 application fee.
- Digital scans of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Official transcripts are not required during the application process. Applicants who are accepted will be required to submit certified transcripts when they accept the offer of admission and matriculate.
- Three letters of recommendation. The most informative letters of recommendation comment on the applicant’s critical reasoning ability and writing skills.
- A personal statement of reasons for entering the program and goals for study within it.
- A writing sample, preferably a paper that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to construct an argument in support of a claim related to a topic in bioethics, ethics, philosophy, or some other field of the humanities.
- The Dietrich School will accept the Duolingo English Test as an alternative to TOEFL and IELTS from international student applicants.
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 12 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 12 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.