We offer a master degree in Anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh. Three special programs focus academic activities around particular faculty strengths—archaeology of complex societies; medical anthropology; ethnicity, nationalism and the state—and are joined by a newly enhanced graduate program in physical anthropology.
All four paths of study are embedded in a context of anthropological training of broad theoretical and geographical scope. Slightly over half the graduate students in the department concentrate their efforts in one of these four flagship programs; the rest pursue a variety of interests across the full range of anthropology.
- Prehistory of a Selected Area
- Selected Archaeological Problem
- Archaeological Method and Theory
- Europe in Later Prehistory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Ethnic Studies View 159 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Materials include: the application together with an extensive personal statement (submitted online in the Additional Information section);
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and prior graduate coursework (submitted online in the Additional Information section);
- TOEFL/IELTS scores;
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted through the applyyourself program);
- Application fee ($75). The application fee can be postponed under special circumstances.
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.