The Master of Science degree in Sport Coaching and Leadership from Michigan State University facilitates interdisciplinary knowledge in various issues related to coaching across the lifespan. Practical experiences are available at high schools, within the university athletic department, and in other sports-related organizations and agencies.
Innovative teacher education programs, outstanding faculty, relationships with practicing professionals and strong research opportunities make the MSU College of Education a dynamic place for learning to teach and contribute to the fields of education and kinesiology. The college is proud to claim more than 64,000 alumni, each touching lives in their own way around the world.
The College of Education at Michigan State University is a community of students, educators and researchers prepared to meet the challenges of education and kinesiology. We are committed to improving practice in schools and communities together through exemplary research, teaching and service. With an intensive five-year teacher preparation program, rigorous undergraduate study in kinesiology and athletic training, and several nationally ranked graduate programs, the College of Education prepares leaders ready to make an impact on learning and human development around the world.
The College of Education has established a reputation for excellence and visionary thinking in its efforts to improve teaching and learning across our nation and world, particularly within the contexts of urban and global education. The faculty remains committed to addressing the educational and physical needs of all people across the life span, and to working closely with educators, leaders and policymakers in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal and Administrative Issues for Administrators and Coaches
- Psychosocial Bases of Coaching Athletes
- Physical Bases of Coaching Athletes
- Promoting Positive Youth Development through Sport
- Stages of Athlete Development
- Skill Development in Athletes
- Coaching Science: Applied Research
- Sport Leadership Practicum
- Integrative Capstone in Sport Coaching and Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 42 other Masters in Coaching in United States
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science degree in Sport Coaching and Leadership students must:
- have completed a bachelor’s degree in the United States or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average.
- submit one letter of recommendation from a current colleague or supervisor.
- submit a statement of professional goals that clearly describe the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the master’s degree and the goals that the degree will help them attain.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14144 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.