Current areas of research in the Mechanical Engineering program of The University of Maine include 3D Printing/Bio-Printing, Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, Biomimetics, CAD/CAM, Composite Materials and Structures, Computational Mechanics, Controls and Dynamic Systems, Design Optimization, Digital Manufacturing, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Marine Propulsion Design, Marine Renewable Energy, Nanomaterials and Devices, Offshore Engineering, Reduced-Order Modeling, Robotics, Smart Materials, Solar Thermal Energy, Solid Mechanics, Thermal Sciences, Uncertainty Quantification, and Engineering Education.
Each graduate student, in consultation with his or her graduate committee, prepares an individual program of study. The MS degree program will include courses from both the engineering mechanics and thermofluid science fields.
For students with a strong interest in other disciplines, excellent opportunities exist for an interdisciplinary program of study in which up to 40% of the MS degree credit is earned in another department in the university.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Macroscopic Thermodynamics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Finite Elements in Solid Mechanics
- Flight Dynamics and Control of Aircraft
- Spacecraft Orbit and Attitude Dynamics and Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 308 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.