The MS Degree in Medical Physics at University of Massachusetts Lowell qualifies students for all medical physics specialties and prepares them for residency programs, junior medical physics positions, and future ABR exams. The clinical component provides the students with training dominantly in radiation therapy, but diagnostic imaging traineeships are also available.
The Ph.D. degree program provides the students with fundamental knowledge of physics with a specialization in medical physics. Students receive advanced research training in particular areas of medical physics, which will prepare them for entry-level research positions in academia or industry, or for a medical physics resident position under the supervision of a board-certified medical physicist.
Historically, most students have concentrated on therapy physics but because sometimes faculty and the cooperating hospitals have imaging or nuclear medicine research projects, over the last decade a number of students have focused on other medical physics specialties as well.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Radiation Safety and Control
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Radiation Interactions and Transport
- Radiological Sciences Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine View 438 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Physics: Core physics courses, including two semesters of general physics plus classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics or quantum mechanics;
- Mathematics: Three semesters of calculus and one semester of differential equations;
- Computer Science: Proficiency in a scientific/engineering programming language and knowledge of fundamental numerical methods;
- Chemistry (preferred): Two semesters of general chemistry;
- Biology (preferred): One semester of general biology;
- Anatomy (preferred): One semester of human anatomy. Although anatomy is not a requirement for admission, completion of an appropriate anatomy course is a requirement before graduation.
International29841 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29841 USD per year during 12 months.
National26990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lowell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.