As a student in the M.S. in Special Education (Autism) at the Long Island University (LIU) program, you will study the assessment and instruction of students with severe disabilities, behavior management for children with autism and developmental disorders, communication development and language disorders in children with autism, and other subjects central to the education of individuals on the autism spectrum. Professors with extensive experience and expertise lead small classes, and the program places considerable emphasis on field study and practicum.
The M.S.Ed. in Special Education program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, signifying that the program of study meets the highest standards of quality in preparing competent, caring and qualified professional educators who will teach and lead in public and private schools.Candidates must possess initial teaching certification in childhood education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum-based Assessment and Instruction of Students with Severe Disabilities - Autism
- Behavior Management for Children with Autism & Developmental Disabilities
- Language Disorders in Severe Developmental Disabilities and Autism
- Contemporary Issues and Research in Special Education/Culminating Experience (Autism)
- Practicum In Autism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application fee (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants must have achieved at least a 3.0 in major and 3.0 overall cumulative GPA in a bachelor's program. Initial (or provisional) childhood teaching certificate is required.
International1274 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1274 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1274 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1274 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.