The Master of Sustainable Development Practice (MDP) Program at University of Florida offers the following academic programs:
- An interdisciplinary Master’s degree in Sustainable Development Practice • A graduate certificate in Sustainable Development Practice
- A graduate certificate in Sustainable Development Practice (SDP)
The MDP prepares development practitioners to address development challenges in creative and dynamic ways, integrating the academic and development pillars of natural sciences, social sciences, health sciences and management through a vigorous and innovative program curriculum. The MDP Degree requires 45 credits of course work: 24 major or core credits across the four pillars, and 21 elective credits through which a student focuses on a specialization (for example entrepreneurship, agriculture, ecotourism, gender, community forest management, nonprofits, or M&E).
The MDP is a non-thesis degree. Each student must successfully complete a set of requirements including a summer field practicum with a host organization, the development of a poster presented in a public poster session, a final practicum report approved by their committee, and a public presentation and private defense with committee members of the final report. All students will be expected to meet learning outcome objectives defined for knowledge, skills and professional behavior. Students are required to develop a study plan approved by the MDP Program Graduate Coordinator and by their supervisory committee.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Work in African Studies
- Natural Resources and Innovation Systems
- Conservation and Development Skills
- Seminar in Modern Latin American Studies
- Development Theory and Practice in Latin America
- Global Public Health and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 117 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12740 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.