Students must earn at least 30 credits as a graduate student at University of Florida. No more than 9 of the 30 credits (earned with a grade of A, B+, or B) may be transferred from institutions approved for this purpose by the Dean of the Graduate School. A minimum of 12 credits is required in the Horticultural Sciences major; additionally, a maximum of 6 credits in HOS 6971- Master’s Research - may be counted toward the total credits.
Master of Science in Horticultural Sciences non-thesis option:
- This option offers additional training beyond the bachelor’s degree in a horticultural specialization. Essential elements of this program include a program of courses and a comprehensive written and/or final oral qualifying examination. There is no thesis requirement. A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work is required. Courses taken for program credit must be numbered 5000 or higher with at least 15 of these credits in the Horticultural Science major. With supervisory committee and college dean approval, 6 hours of 3000- or 4000-level undergraduate courses, taught outside the major department, may count toward the minimum requirements for the degree.
- Contemporary Issues in Science
- Topics in Biological Invasions
- Graduate Survey of Biochemistry
- Special Topics
- Professional Seminar Preparation
- Propagation of Horticultural Crops
- Advanced Plant Micropropagation
- Advanced Composting Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHorticulture Environmental Sciences View 643 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.