Specific areas of specialization include anatomy/morphology with emphasis on extant and fossil vascular plants; ecology and environmental studies including ecosystem ecology, conservation biology and genetics, fire ecology, exotic invasive species, and tropical botany and ecology; cell biology with emphasis on the cytoskeleton and cell morphogenesis; physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology with emphasis on photosynthesis, growth and development of angiosperms, protein phosphorylation and signal transduction, global analysis of spatial patterns of gene expression; plant secondary metabolism and proteomics; systematics with emphasis on DNA- and morphology-based phylogenetic analyses, phylogeographic studies, molecular evolution/development, and monographic and floristic studies.
The Department of Biology at University of Florida offers graduate work in Botany leading to the degrees of Master of Science, Master of Science in Teaching, and Doctor of Philosophy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Anatomy
- Intermediate Plant Physiology
- Plant Geography
- Physiological Plant Ecology
- Tropical Botany
- Ecosystems of Florida
- Taxonomy of Vascular Plants
- Plant Growth and Development
- Advanced Taxonomy
- Individual Studies in Botany
- Supervised Research
- Advances in Botany
- Special Topics
- Graduate Student Seminar
- Supervised Teaching
- Internship in College Teaching
- Research for Master's Thesis
- Advanced Research
- Research for Doctoral Dissertation
- Advanced Ecology
- Principles of Ecosystem Ecology
- Tropical Ecology
- Electron Microscopy of Biological Materials
- Laboratory in Electron Microscopy
- Principles of Systematic Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 135 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12740 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.