Many methods of construction are highly resource intensive. They require energy, electricity and water, and generate landfill waste and CO2 emissions. With governments and the public becoming increasingly aware of dwindling global resources and becoming conscious of the importance of sustainability issues, there is a growing demand for professionals working in the built environment to be well-versed in environmental design.
Our MSc Environmental Design of Buildings aims to develop knowledge and expertise in the design of comfortable and healthy environments in and around buildings, regardless of climate, and with due regard to sustainability issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study in one of the top Schools of Architecture in the UK.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), meets the academic requirements for CEng professional registration.
- Available as a full-time, part-time and distance learning course.
- Established course, providing a practical grounding in the subject of environmental design to built environment professionals since 1993.
- Based on internationally acclaimed research expertise within the Welsh School of Architecture, we have long-standing experience in designing, monitoring and consulting on sustainable buildings such as the carbon positive SOLCER House.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Engineering Design View 72 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
The course is suitable for graduates or experienced practitioners in disciplines related to the built environment, such as architecture, building services engineering, building technology or environmental studies who would like to strengthen their expertise in environmental design. The distance learning version of this course will be of particular interest to professionals who do not want to interrupt their careers, wherever they live.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.