No uniform course of study is prescribed for Law at International and Development Economics candidates; courses are elective, and students tailor their studies to their own interests.
Subject to meeting degree requirements, each LL.M. candidate is invited to use the resources of the Law School in whatever program of study will best prepare that individual for a career in research and teaching.
Students at Yale University enjoy small class sizes, the camaraderie of many international and J.D. students, and a close relationship with the Yale Law School faculty. While small—the Law School typically enrolls between 22 and 25 LL.M. students each year—the LL.M. program at Yale Law School is truly global in its reach. Over the past four years, our LL.M. students have come from over 30 different countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Advanced Advocacy for Children and Youth
- Advanced Community and Economic Development Clinic
- Advanced Criminal Justice Clinic
- Advanced Deals Workshop: Public Company M&A
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 221 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Before applying to the Yale Law School LL.M. program, please review our eligibility requirements below:
- Applicants for the LL.M. program must have completed their law degree at an accredited U.S. law school or a non-U.S. law school with substantially equivalent standards, and must have a strong record of academic accomplishment.
- Some professional or law teaching experience following completion of the first professional degree is encouraged.
- Admission is ordinarily not available to students who have obtained or are pursuing an LL.M. or an equivalent degree from another law school in the United States.
- Admission is generally available only to individuals planning careers in law teaching and scholarship.
International63878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63878 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National63878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63878 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.