Management Information Systems students at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, earn competency in IT, embedded in a business context, that provides them with well-rounded preparation for occupations in high demand. Recent graduates are pursuing careers in a variety of roles, such as business analyst, systems analyst, security analyst, IT manager, and systems administrator.
The MS MIS has been certified as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) - Designated Degree Program by the Department of Education and maintained by the Department of Homeland Security. Under the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program, international students who graduate from colleges and universities in the United States are able to remain in the country and receive training through work experience for up to 12 months. Students who graduate from a designated STEM degree program can remain for an additional 17 months on an OPT STEM extension.
Students will have the ability to:
- Interpret the role of information systems to enhance organizations.
- Manage an information systems project.
- Analyze business problems and apply technological solutions.
- Work effectively with others in teams.
- Communicate technological concepts to business executives and users.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electronic Commerce
- Data Management
- Research Seminar in Information Systems
- Information Systems Strategy
- Information Systems Project Management
- Data Communications and Systems
- Systems Analysis, Modeling and Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesProject Management Business Information Systems View 173 other Masters in Project Management in United States
- Submission of a completed application and required application fee;
- Submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions;
- Evidence of having been awarded the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 on the four-point scale;
- For MIS applicants who previously attended a post-secondary institution outside of the U.S., the requirement that transcripts be evaluated by an outside agency is waived.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted in sealed envelopes or uploaded through the Grad Rebel Gateway application system.
- Statement of purpose that describes why you want to join the program and your professional goals, relevant to this program. Updated resume, which includes academic, professional and other relevant experience.
International21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21247 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21247 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State6197 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6197 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.