The Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education programme offered by University of Texas Arlington enables teachers to specialize in advanced coursework in their teaching fields and other professional certification areas designed to meet a variety of professional goals.
Both degrees help prepare graduates to reflect upon their own teaching as well as on the state of education as a whole and to better understand the linkage between the theory and practice of teaching.
Each student’s program of study is planned individually and provides academic and/or pedagogical specialization within the context of the general field of education.
Graduate faculty in the College of Education as well as those in departments and in the colleges throughout the University work closely with students in formulating study plans that meet the students’ objectives and individual goals for professional growth. Each program of work includes both professional and academic components.
- Elementary teacher
- Elementary Bilingual and ESL
- Middle-level teacher
- Secondary Education
- School Counselor or Administrator
- Neuroscience Research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Implementation of EC-6 Dual Language Curriculum Models
- Biliteracy Development in Dual Language Programs
- Family Literacy and Second Language Acquisition
- Math in Dual Language Settings
- Science and Health Education in Dual Language Settings
- Positive Classroom Management
- Human Growth and Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Earth Sciences Natural Sciences View 3497 other Masters in Education in United States
- 2 or more years relevant work experience
- Undergraduate transcripts with a 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours or 3.0 cumulative GPA, whichever is higher. A 3.0 GPA on the last 9 hours of graduate coursework may be considered in place of undergraduate GPA.
- 2 professional letters of reference on file
- Admission to Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction Programs is competitive and some qualified students may not be admitted if demand exceeds the program’s capacity to serve all applicants. All students must meet university, college, department, and Texas Administrative Code qualifications in order to participate in educator preparation programs. Out-of-state students will not qualify for Texas educator certification. Therefore, students should review their state's requirements to determine if completion of a program at UTA will lead to certification in their state.
International23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10514 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.