The goal of the Theater - Directing three-year, 60-credit theater program at Temple University is to train students to become master storytellers. Collaborate with actors, production teams and writers to deliver a unified, compelling theatrical event. The program is primarily designed to prepare graduates for careers in theater.
Culminating in the Thesis Production, the student's fully supported mainstage event, the Theater-Directing MFA curriculum includes:
- acting and movement,
- dramaturgy and
- visual history.
Full-time Theater Department faculty—award-winning professionals who have led some of the most successful productions in American theater—are available to mentor students individually. Students can also take advantage of Temple's affiliations with numerous professional theaters, and explore internships with:
- Arden Theatre Company,
- The Lantern Theater Company,
- Philadelphia Film Center,
- Philadelphia Theatre Company,
- Wilma Theater and others.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Scene Analysis for Writers and Directors
- Acting I (graduate level)
- Vocal Production for the Actor II
- Directing Practicum II (six terms)
- Seminar in Dramatic Literature
- Visual History I
- Visual History II
- Costume Design II
- Hist Mod Scenic Design
- Dance for the Actor VI (LeCoq Technique)
- Project in Acting
- Projects in Directing II (six terms)
- Seminar in Lighting I
- Projects in Playwriting
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1406 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1406 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1406 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1406 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State1051 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1051 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.