Professional training in clinical skills and evidence-based practices will enable you to support and advocate for vulnerable populations including children, the elderly and those living in poverty. The Social Work program at Temple University also serves as a laboratory for building resilient and healthy communities by focusing on capacity building, policy advocacy and support of at-risk populations.
The field of social work addresses a wide range of social issues, including juvenile justice, poverty, substance abuse, violence against minorities, ex-offender rehabilitation, housing discrimination, immigration issues and others.
The Temple MSW maximizes flexibility for working professionals. Students can complete the master’s program in person full time or part time, or completely online part time. You are also able to customize your degree based on your interests and career goals: Students select from a range of advanced-level coursework that allows them to examine in greater depth a practice modality (or concentration) and a field of practice (or specialization).
With the versatility of a Master of Social Work degree, you will be equipped for careers in a wide variety of fields, including community-based healthcare, public policy, mental health counseling, child protection, hospital care coordination and advocacy. Our graduates work as community organizers, therapists, managers in social services and healthcare systems, and program directors.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions 1
- HBSE: Individuals and Families
- HBSE: Groups, Communities and Organizations
- Foundations in Social Work Research
- Social Welfare Policies and Services I
- Social Welfare Policies and Services II
- Social Justice: Foundation for Transformative Social Work
- Practice of Social Service Delivery I
- Practice of Social Service Delivery II
- Foundation Field Practicum I
- Foundation Field Practicum II
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 518 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: A statement of professional plans and goals is an important component of the admissions application in Social Work.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Clearances: The Social Work M.S.W. program requires students to complete clinical/field education experiences at facilities both on and off Temple University’s campuses.
- Resume: Current professional resume required.
- Advanced Standing: Applicants from a B.S.W. program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) may be eligible for advanced standing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International39870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National39870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.