Students of the Epidemiology program at Temple University learn to use rigorous epidemiologic methods and appropriate analyses to answer pressing research questions related to the public’s health. The master’s degree program will prepare you as a public health professional with expertise in:
- study design and appropriate data analyses that can be used to accurately quantify and assess population-based, health-related outcomes;
- application of modern statistical computing software, such as SAS and R, and statistical methods for large and complex data sets in public health;
- data management of health-related cross-sectional, experimental, longitudinal and survey data; and
- real-world problem solving through experiential training.
Epidemiology is considered the foundational science of public health—it allows us to identify and understand the descriptive characteristics, determinants and risk factors that influence the public’s health. Students in the Epidemiology MPH examine complex global and local challenges related to chronic and infectious diseases; train to understand determinants of, and methodological issues in, cancer and social epidemiology; and apply their knowledge and skills to develop projects that seek to answer timely research questions in community settings.
Our graduates are prepared to work in a wide range of settings. Students who select electives in advanced epidemiologic methods and biostatistics are also well-prepared for doctoral programs in epidemiology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Public Health Core Courses
- Environmental Health
- Applied Analysis of Health
- Epidemiological Research Methods I
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 890 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1358 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1358 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State988 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 988 USD per credit during 24 months.
Online tuition: $975 per credit
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.