Through the Dance interdisciplinary curriculum at Temple University, you’ll advance your artistic practice while interacting with cultural, political and social perspectives of dance. Graduates pursue careers in artistic direction and choreography, as well as dance administration, advocacy, entrepreneurship, research, writing and teaching in higher education.
You’ll acquire holistic knowledge of multiple perspectives in the field, engage with the evolving aesthetics and pedagogies of professional dance practices, and research your personal artistic qualities and style.
The curriculum is offered on a full-time or part-time basis, and it is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance. Coursework enables you to:
- challenge your artistic viewpoints and directions;
- create, interpret, and present dance works;
- participate fully in choreographic research and production; and
- refine your critical thinking skills in relation to current discourses in dance.
All students create a final master’s presentation of choreographic research, as well as a written thesis that documents and reflects on their research process and final work. You’ll work closely with a primary concert advisor and committee, made up of internationally known artists and scholars.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Performance Environments I: Dance Production
- Educational Inquiry in Dance
- Graduate Seminar
- Research Methods in Dance
- The Creative Process and the Dance Symbol
- Corporeal Improvisation
- Movement Theater Workshop
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State1068 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1068 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.