The M.A. in Art History at Temple University with a Fine Arts Administration Track offers a specialized degree pathway for students seeking to advance artists, art, and audiences by becoming leaders in fine arts administration. The track is directed by Linda Earle, a new faculty member who is also a leading art administrator whose work focuses on outreach, equity, inclusivity, and freedom of expression. Students learn the forces that shape arts institutions, from philanthropy to facilities.
The M.A. in Art History at Temple University with a Thesis Track offers a gateway to the best Ph.D. programs in the discipline for students seeking careers in higher education or research. Alternately, it is a stand-alone option for students seeking positions in museums, galleries, non-profits, and other institutions.
Tyler offers M.A. students access to:
- Temple Contemporary, Tyler’s innovative exhibitions and public programs space, which offers opportunities to learn curatorial practice;
- Expansive, world-class art and architecture buildings that offer direct access to the creative process via fellow students and faculty artists and designers;
- State-of-the-art digital resources, including 8,000 digital images and access to millions more via Tyler’s Artstor Digital Library membership; and
- Tyler’s art history community, which is enriched by a steady stream of compelling lectures by leading scholars and thinkers, many of whom come to speak and network with students thanks to generous endowments.
- Topics in Arts Administration
- Topics in Latin American Art and the Caribbean
- Topics in Contemporary Art
- Topics in Global Art
- Topics in Art History
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 444 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 500 to 1,000 words, describe your interest in Temple's program, your research goals, your future career goals, your academic and research achievements, and how you will contribute to the Tyler School of Art and Architecture mission.
- Writing Sample: The writing sample should demonstrate your ability to research and write a scholarly paper on a topic in Art History. he paper or excerpt submitted should be no more than 10 pages in length and fully referenced according to a professional, scholarly style manual.
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International19935 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19935 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State14490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.