The Art Education program at Temple University offers a pathway for K-12 teachers who want to hone a specialization in art or anyone who wants to add art teaching credentials.
The program gives students access to the resources of both a world-class art school and Temple University, a large public research university. Students develop their understanding of a broad range of art learners and expand their repertoire of teaching strategies. Grounded in both research and the studio, a Tyler M.Ed. gives students the training needed to teach art at the K-12 level and cultivate arts practices beyond formal educational institutions.
The program is primarily dedicated to producing well-trained art teachers.
- Contemporary Issues in Art Education
- History of Art Education
- Art Education Research
- Special Needs K-12 Students in the Art Room
- Student Teaching
- Graduate Materials and Methods in Art
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art Education View 3394 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: Applicants must have an undergraduate degree, 40 undergraduate studio credits, and 9 art history credits.
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your interest in Temple's program in particular, your future career goals, and your academic and artistic endeavors and achievements.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International21928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15939 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.