The Public Administration degree offered by the University of Arizona program combines curricular structure, physical facilities, and real-world fieldwork opportunities to foster the managerial skills needed to meet today's greater demands for accountability and effectiveness from public and nonprofit organizations.
This MPA program prepares students for a management career in public service sectors, including federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as nonprofits and international organizations. This type of degree can help students learn how to successfully implement policy and programs. Earning an MPA degree at the University of Arizona in particular will prepare students to be leaders in one of several different concentrations, such as Collaborative Governance, Environmental Management and Policy, Nonprofit Management, and Public Management.
The School of Government and Public Policy was formed in 2009 by combining two highly ranked programs – Political Science and Public Administration and Policy - and bringing them under a single roof. Located in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, SGPP is one of the largest schools at the University of Arizona and is uniquely situated to serve as a new model for public affairs education by promoting high-caliber research, teaching, community outreach, and civic leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collaborative Governance
- Education Policy
- Environmental Management & Policy
- Health Policy
- Law & Criminal Justice Policy
- Local Government
- Native American Policy
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Management
- Public Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- For Fall admission, applicants to the MPA program seeking financial aid should submit their application by April 1st. International applicants should submit their application for admission by June 1st. The final application deadline for Fall is July 1st.
- For Spring admission, applicants should submit their application by December 1st. International applicants should submit their application for Spring admission by September 15th.
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 508 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The following materials are required for admission to the MPA program:
- Online Application for admission to the Graduate College.
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of the admissions process. Official transcripts are only required for applicants who are offered admission. Do not mail official transcripts until offered admission. Please note that if you are admitted, all official transcripts must be received by the Graduate College within 30 days after the first day of classes.
- Statement of Purpose is required, including information about experiences and career objectives.
- Resume describing relevant experience, responsibilities and achievements.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons able to provide verification and a specific assessment of your professional and/or academic performance and capabilities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.