The Mexican American Studies degree offered by the University of Arizona is committed to contemporary applied public policy research on Mexican Americans. As the leading public policy research center addressing issues of concern to this minority group in Arizona, the Department works collaboratively with key community agencies in promoting leadership and empowerment of Mexican Americans within the state and the nation. The Department achieves these goals through its applied research agenda, through its publications, and through the comprehensive curriculum it offers students at the University of Arizona. As an intellectual center, it disseminates information to a broad audience, which includes elected officials, educators, students, policy makers and other researchers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Mexican American: Cultural Perspectives
- Mexican Immigration
- Topics in Latino Health
- Chicano Historical Thought
- Advanced Research Methods on Latinos
- Chicana Gender Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages View 718 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work (last 60 units) is the minimum requirement for admission the our program.
- Statement of Intent: (Single-spaced, two-to-three pages)
- Writing Sample: A 10 - 20 page scholarly paper that demonstrates your mastery of the subject and a clear, cogent writing style.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
- One Official Transcript from each college-level schools you have attended.
- Official GRE Scores, scores may be electronically submitted directly to the University of Arizona Graduate College using institutional code 4832. No subject code is necessary.
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.