We place a strong emphasis on health promotion as well as the development of positive health behaviors as they pertain to diverse groups at different developmental and age stages. Nursing - Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner students at University of Michigan share courses with students in the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Midwife programs where relevant.
This structure exposes students to a variety of expert specialty faculty and also helps the development of inter-specialty relationships that may prove fruitful in students' future practices. Our program prepares graduates to provide the full range of primary care from the antepartum period, infancy, childhood and adolescence through the adult lifespan. This includes
- well care to children and adults
- age appropriate health and developmental screening across the life span
- diagnosis and management of common acute and chronic health problems
- prenatal and postnatal care to mother and baby
More informationVisit official programme website
- Models, Theories and Methods to Promote Optimal Health Outcomes
- Promoting Optimal Models and Systems for Healthcare Delivery
- Scientific and Analytic Approaches for Advanced Practice
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Health Assessment for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Role Transition to APRN
- Advanced Primary Care Nursing of Adults and Families with Complex Systems
- Advanced Primary Care Nursing: Health Promotion and Management of Acute Health Problems of Adults and Well Women/GYN Care
- Critical Elements and the Study of Family and Health
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Families (Antepartum Care)
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Nursing View 153 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- Earned a BS in nursing or are in the process of completing a BS in nursing from a CCNE, AACN, or NLN accredited institution. Note: Successful completion of the BS in nursing must occur prior to the desired term of admission
- Minimum B average in all undergraduate coursework (this includes all courses taken to satisfy the degree requirements for a BS in nursing; an overall B average is usually equivalent to a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Official foreign transcript
- Transcript Evaluation
- English Proficiency Exam
- Visa and Documentation
International24870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24870 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
National24870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24870 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
In-State12316 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12316 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.