Three major perspectives are used in this concentration to inform students' understanding of teaching and learning environments: individual learning and development, institutional factors that affect teaching and learning in postsecondary contexts, and societal conditions (social, cultural, and historical) that affect teaching and learning.
The Higher Education - Student Access and Success program at the University of Michigan prepares graduates for administrative careers in a postsecondary education setting, such as in academic affairs, student affairs, and other administrative units in colleges and universities.
You will learn about the following topics:
- Academic programs and curriculum
- Student learning and development
- Student access, adjustment, and achievement in higher education
- Teaching and research processes
- Leadership in administrative units with teaching and learning responsibilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Community College
- Learning and Development in Higher Education
- Organizing for Learning
- Foundations for Student Affairs Educators
- Academic Affairs and Student Development in Postsecondary Education
- Access and Equity in Higher Education
- Curriculum in Postsecondary Education
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 222 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Register as a prospective student and obtain a UMID number. Having a UMID number will aid in the processing of your application
- Complete the Rackham online application
- Submit your GRE scores
- Submit your transcripts
International49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 18 months.
National49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State24772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24772 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.