In the Higher Education - Institutional Research at the University of Michigan, you will learn how to:
- Develop and frame research questions
- Design and execute empirical research pertaining to postsecondary education
- Collect, prepare, and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data
- Report research findings to varied audiences
- Make connections between research, policy, and practice
The curriculum will prepare you for professional positions including opportunities within higher education programs or centers; research appointments in institutional research offices; and research and policy roles in federal and state agencies of higher education, higher education associations, policy institutes, and policy advocacy organizations.
You will be paired with an advisor from among the Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education (CSHPE) faculty members, based on shared professional interests. Students and advisors work together to develop a plan of study that is appropriate to the student’s background and career interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Institutional Research in Higher Education
- The Community College
- Higher Education Institutions as Complex Organizations
- Public Policy in Postsecondary Education
- Economics of Education
- Law and Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 3553 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Register as a prospective student and obtain a UMID (University of Michigan ID) number. Having a UMID number will aid in the processing of your application
- Complete the Rackham online application
- Submit your GRE scores
- Submit your transcripts
International49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 24 months.
National49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24772 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.