The Master of Arts in Education program at the University of Michigan is designed for working educators, enabling them to strengthen their knowledge, subject specialization and professional outlook through a University of Michigan-Dearborn degree.
The M.A. in Education is a 30-credit hour program with courses offered in the evening and online. The M.A. in Education offers the opportunity to pursue an additional endorsement in addition to earning a graduate-level degree. Students could earn a master's degree with or without an endorsement. A valid Michigan Teaching Certificate is only required if students are seeking an endorsement as part of their program.
There are two concentrations within the M.A. in Education program that can be completed fully online. The M.A. in Education with Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and the M.A. in Education without an additional endorsement can both be completed online.
What will I Learn?
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Education (M.A. Ed.) degree program will gain:
- Knowledge of established research and best practices in their specific disciplines (early childhood, early childhood inclusion, ESL, reading, technology, mathematics, mathematics leadership, the middle grades and public administration or liberal arts content)
- Strategies to enable them to be effective leaders within their respective disciplines at the classroom, school and/or district level
- Skills to enable them to continue to develop their knowledge of research and best practices that lead to effective instructional strategies for all student achievement
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Literacy
- Literacy Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Primary / Elementary
- Media Literacies
- Teaching with Technology
- Literacy Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment: Middle / Secondary
- Teaching and Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 1018 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Mandatory And Advisory Prerequisites
- Transcripts And Wes Evaluation
- Gmat Or Gre Scores
- Current Resume
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
International49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 12 months.
National49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State24772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24772 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.