The Communication program is offered by University of Arizona.
The department offers hands-on research and teaching experience and a broad range of coursework and educational opportunities, with specialization in Interpersonal Communication, Media, Health Communication, Small Group and Intergroup Communication, New Communication Technologies, and Political Communication.
Flexibility allows students to tailor programs to meet specific career objectives. The thesis option serves as a foundation for students planning to pursue a PhD. Those preparing to work in business, media, government or teaching may select a non-thesis option.
The Department of Communication faculty examine ways in which human beings exchange messages with one another, the content of those messages, and the effects they have for individuals and society.
The Department's strong commitment to quality teaching and research has earned its faculty and graduate students numerous teaching awards and a ranking as one of the top Communication programs in the nation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies
- Advanced Mass Communication Theory
- Interpersonal Theory
- Theories of Social Influence
- Health Communication Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies View 273 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Writing sample (honors thesis, class paper, or similar evidence of scholarly writing)
- 3 letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic and intellectual qualifications
- Statement of Purpose (1500-2000 words) should be broken into the following sections: (a) your scholarly and research interests in the field of communication, (b) why you wish to pursue graduate study in the Department of Communication at the University of Arizona (including explicit connections between your research interests and our faculty's areas of expertise), and (c) your plans following completion of your graduate degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.