The Economics program offered by Columbia University provides a technical and rigorous approach to the study of economics. Additionally, the program enables students to pursue further advanced study through elective courses offered by the department.
The M.A. program admits approximately 50-60 students per year. Graduates of the M.A. program will have the tools to conduct applied economic research and a sound preparation for progression to doctoral study. Specifically, upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able:
- To take a rigorous, quantitative approach to solving economic problems
- To build and test economic models, using sophisticated economics tools
- To advance professionally and to compete for well-paying jobs across a broad spectrum of industries and sectors
- To apply to and enroll in a doctoral program
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Mathematical Methods for Economists
- Economic Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics View 370 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Tests
International71108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35554 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National71108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35554 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.