These programs are intended to prepare students for careers in scholarship and teaching and in curatorial work and museum administration, as well as for independent research and critical writing.
- The Art History and Archaeology department at Columbia University offers one of the richest graduate programs in the discipline, and students are encouraged to take advantage of its variety of subjects and approaches.
The MA program includes the following specialties:
- Ancient Art and Archaeology
- Art and Architecture of Africa and the African Diaspora
- Art and Architecture of the Lands of Islam
- East Asian Art and Archaeology
- History and Theory of Architecture
- History of Western Art
- History of Photography (pre-1900)
- Pre-Columbian Art and Archaeology
- South Asian Art and Archaeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Art History View 88 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
National61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.