At a time when governments and nonprofits at all levels are expected to do more with less, good management is essential. The Johns Hopkins MA in Public Management will empower you to be strategic, but will also provide you with the fundamentals of public management: policy analysis and evaluation, financial management, economics and fiscal policy, and public policy and administration.
This innovative degree recognizes that governmental and nonprofit sectors share common ground—and common goals. The MA in Public Management from Johns Hopkins University prepares emerging leaders like you to face those complex challenges.
We designed the curriculum for working professionals in the government and nonprofit sector, allowing you to take courses at a full- or part-time pace. For the degree, you’ll complete 12 courses, including a capstone project that gives you a chance to address a practical, real world challenge using the skills and knowledge you’ve gained throughout your studies.
- Public Policy Evaluation and the Policy Process
- Financial Management and Analysis in the Public Sector
- Financial Management and Analysis in Nonprofits
- Economics for Public Decision Making
- Proseminar: Essentials of Public and Private Management or Fundamentals of Nonprofits and Nonprofit Management
- 16 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration View 508 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume, two letters of recommendation, a writing sample of two to five pages that is policy oriented.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
International3083 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4111 USD for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
National3083 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4111 USD for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.