The Master of Education in the Health Professions (MEHP) at Johns Hopkins University is partnership of five Johns Hopkins schools, including the schools of Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Business, and Education, that prepares a new generation of leaders in education related to medicine, public health, nursing, and other health professions.
The program integrates interdisciplinary expertise to provide faculty the most current and effective theories, strategies, and measurements to ensure they have the skills to teach future health professionals best practices that improve the quality of patient care.
The MEHP program consists of an 18-credit foundation in evidence-based teaching (available as a stand-alone post-master’s certificate) and a 15-credit specialization in either of two tracks: research or leadership. The research track prepares candidates for the research process, from identifying relevant questions and sound methodologies, to results interpretation and publication. The leadership track prepares candidates who can lead curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; program advocacy; funding identification and support; staff management; program management; and educational policy development and/or implementation.
Customization is achieved through electives, projects, and/or the practicum. In both options, participants develop an educational research or leadership project and the results are prepared for publication and presentation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation to Innovation: Adult Learning
- Evidence Based Teaching
- Ensuring Learning through Assessment and Feedback
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Strategies
- Educational Scholarship: Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Sciences View 1037 other Masters in Education in United States
- A 500-word essay discussing the reasons you wish to pursue a degree at Johns Hopkins University, focusing on your long-term goals and how your academic program will complement those goals. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses in your academic background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials. Essays should be submitted in a typed format on a separate sheet of paper.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview is required. Applicants who meet admission requirements will participate in an interview (in person, Skype, or phone) to ensure that their goals align with the goals of the program prior to an offer of admission.
International1292 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1292 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1292 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1292 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.