Texas Christian University, Mathematics Master of Science (MS) degree features both a pure and an applied track. The pure track primarily prepares students for doctoral work in mathematics, whereas the applied track equips students with mathematical tools applicable in industry.
The program provides a broad knowledge of mathematics and its history, teaches problem solving skills and exposes students to the general philosophy of mathematics. The pure track includes 36 hours of graduate mathematics courses; the applied track allows up to six hours of approved graduate science courses to count toward the 36-hour total.
Class sizes are small and the courses are scheduled in a flexible manner to accommodate part-time students. Award-winning teachers, faculty expertise in a wide range of research areas and abundant opportunities for one-to-one student and faculty interaction characterize our program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Abstract Algebra I
- Complex Analysis
- Real Analysis I
- Real Analysis II
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Differential Geometry
- Number Theory
- Abstract Algebra II
- Algebraic Topology I
- Advanced Complex Analysis
- Measure Theory
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 557 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- A completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation (the online application will prompt you for information regarding your references.)
- Transcripts of all colleges attended (upload unofficial copies via the online application.
- Personal Statement of Purpose (upload via the the online application. Essay – 1,000 words or less, that describes your motivation and goals for graduate study, career ambitions, and the specific ways TCU may fit those.)
- General GRE scores
- Application fee of $60 (payment via online application.
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.