We offer a master degree in Organic Chemistry of Natural Products at the SUNY - College of Environmental Science and Forestry. Courses in biochemistry, inorganic chemistry, statistics and specialized courses in chemistry or biology may be arranged and selected by the student in consultation with faculty.
Research in the field of organic chemistry of natural products takes three paths. These paths are the isolation and characterization of new natural substances; the synthesis of new or improved syntheses of better-known natural substances; and the study of the relation of molecular structure to biological response. Chemical research in each of these areas is coupled with biological testing.
Natural products faculty interest areas:
- structure and function of natural metal chelators
- marine and freshwater algal toxins
- synthesis and biosynthesis of biologically active natural products
- analysis and structure determination of sterodial compounds
- isolation and identification of insect and mammalian pheromones and other semiochemicals such as alleomones and kairomones
- synthesis of new natural products (semiochemicals) with particular emphasis on stereochemistry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Natural Products Chemistry
- Wood Chemistry: General Wood Chemistry
- Organic Spectroscopy
- Plant Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 439 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of an earned bachelor's degree from a recognized institution with an academic record showing at least a "B" average for junior and senior years of the baccalaureate program or for the master's program
- The graduate application
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and for some degree programs, advanced test scores (institution code for official score reports: 2530)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic or professional skills. This should NOT include personal friends and family
- A resume or CV
- A statement of educational and professional goals
- A nonrefundable $60(US) application fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.