The curriculum of the Global Health program offered by the University of California, San Francisco emphasizes research methods, population health, and the social, economic, and environmental determinants of health in a globalized world. Become prepared for a career in research, policy, organizational leadership, academia, or program management and evaluation.
Your Future in Global Health
The global health degree prepares graduates for careers that are as diverse as the field of global health. As a graduate of the master’s program, you may choose to teach, conduct research or manage a global health program or initiative. You may pursue advanced training or professional education, such as medical school, residency or a fellowship, or you could engage in clinical practice. You may find work in government organizations, NGOs or the private sector. With your global health degree, you may even be hired by UCSF or your capstone project partners to continue work from your master's research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Qualitative Research Approaches
- Global Health Practice Seminar
- Foundations of Global Health
- Communicable Diseases
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1078 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent from an accredited institution, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Completion of at least one college-level course in each of the following areas, with at least a B grade: 1) mathematics (e.g., calculus, algebra, statistics), 2) general biology, 3) health-related science (e.g., nutrition, microbiology, anatomy, physiology), or a second biology course
- English proficiency for non-native speakers
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.