At The University of Iowa we offer a master degree program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This degree prepare graduates to work with clients across a spectrum of mental and emotional disorders, as well as to promote mental health and wellness.
Clients may be seen individually, in couples, families, or group settings. Clinical Mental Health Counselors are knowledgeable in the principles and practices of diagnosis, treatment, referral and prevention and often work in interdisciplinary teams with other health professionals (e.g., psychiatrists, social workers, MDs). Employment opportunities may include private practice, community-based mental health centers, hospitals and other treatment centers.
The M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling prepares professional counselors to assist persons with psychiatric disabilities in particular and mental health conditions by coordinating resources and providing services in:
- Private Practice
- Community Agencies
- Managed Behavioral Health Care Organizations
- Integrated Delivery Systems
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health Studies
- Social Work
- Health Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1250 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A statement of purpose, including a statement of your personal career objectives
- A current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International30549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30549 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30549 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11346 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.