Current research topics include:
- computational fluid dynamics applied to problems ranging from the circulatory system and to the dynamics of offshore platforms;
- control of complex systems such as engine exhaust after-treatment, orbiting spacecraft, and structures built from smart materials;
- health monitoring and design optimization applied to a range of structures from micro-scale devices to bridges;
- biomedical research into biosensing, micro-scale bioreactors and health prognostics of the cardiovascular system;
- experimental studies of turbulent flows occurring in energy systems and two-phase flows in micro-scale heat exchangers.
Research activities in Mechanical Engineering at University of Houston include:
- structure-property relationships
- strain-quantum behavior in quantum dots
- nanoscale piezoelectricity
- the application of magnetic nanostructures to sensors and biomedical devices.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of Applied Mathematics
- Methods of Mathematical Physics
- Math Mtds in Chem Engr
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 305 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field, preferably from an accredited engineering program.
- an adequate score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- three letters of recommendation attesting to the student’s capacity to perform in the classroom and (for applicants to the thesis program) in a research capacity. A minimum of two letters should be from tenure-track faculty members who have observed the academic performance of the applicant.
- a statement of purpose.
International937 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 937 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National937 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 937 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State438 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 438 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.