The Environmental Engineering Program at University of Houston and its faculty are internationally known for their research and teaching in water, wastewater, microbiology, bioremediation, soil and hazardous waste treatment and modeling, and airborne particulates.
The Environmental Engineering program offers the degrees of Master of Science (M.S.), with thesis and non-thesis options.
Courses are scheduled to accommodate both part-time and full-time students; 24-30 hours of required course work can usually be completed in one calendar year of full-time or three years of part-time study. Full time thesis students generally can complete the masters of science degree in 2 years of consecutive study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Engineering Hydrology
- Environmental Chemistry
- Principles of Environmental Modeling
- Environment Engineering Microbiology
- Urban-Regional Planning
- Storm Water Management
- Hydraulics of Open Channel Flow
- Hydraulic Structures
- Evaluation of Water Quality in Natural Waters
- Stochastic Hydrology
- Biological Processes for Wastewater Treatment
- Advanced Planning and Design of Water Resource Systems
- Physicochemical Treatment Processes
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Treatment Processes
- Municipal Drinking Water Treatment
- Mass Transfer in Environmental Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 207 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of "B", i.e., 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the last 60 hours of course work attempted.
- Satisfactory scores on the General Aptitude test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Submission of three letters of recommendation.
International937 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 937 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National937 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 937 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State428 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 428 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.