The Engineering Management interdisciplinary master’s degree at Temple University combines course work from the College of Engineering and the Fox School of Business. Taught by industry executives and experts, it is designed to develop the business acumen that will drive your rise through the corporate ranks or successfully launch your own venture.
You will benefit from a focused curriculum that presents business knowledge within the context of engineering projects and prototypes. You will learn how to
- account for market and commercial factors within the product development process,
- incorporate customer patterns into product design,
- manage engineering projects, and
- understand the elements and functions of a financial report.
You’ll gain a thorough understanding of how to effectively lead your organization and integrate business priorities with the requirements of technological product development. You will also learn how the success or failure of an engineering project can impact the bottom line. In addition, you’ll demonstrate your management ability and gain hands-on experience by completing a capstone project in which you find a solution to a real-life industry problem.
The Engineering Management MS program is designed as a career development option for those working in technology-based ventures who desire to learn specific management techniques associated with technology development and advancement. Students gain many of the skills and approaches necessary to increase the productivity and innovative capacity of technology-driven organizations.
Graduates are uniquely suited to oversee teams of other engineers and formulate plans for the successful completion of projects. The highly specialized, yet broadly applicable nature of the program prepares graduates for positions such as
- automation engineer;
- chemical process engineer;
- client services analyst;
- construction project engineer;
- design engineer.
- Design Thinking
- Idea to Invoice: Managing the New Product Development Process
- Management Principles for Innovators, Engineers and Technologists
- Project Management Overview and Project Management Essentials
- Financial Management for Technologists
- Lean Six Sigma and the Science of Improvement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 1854 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Statement of Goals: An essay on your professional plans and goals should be one to three pages in length. It should reflect your influences, values, aspirations, and interest in the M.S. in Engineering Management program.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International46380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1546 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1546 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State35520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.