Students graduating with the MSPR leave with an enhanced understanding of the processes of facilitating and negotiating communication between individuals, groups, and organizations. The program is designed to be valuable to students with a variety of public relations experiences; we welcome students who bring diverse perspectives on the practice of public communication. All of the courses in this program are offered in the evening or online for flexible completion of the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods*
- Issues in Organizational Communication*
- Issues in Public Relations*
- Media Criticism*
- Case Studies in Public Relations*
- Public Relations Ethics*
- The Law of Public Communication*
- Communication Theory*
- Comprehensive Exam
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Relations View 66 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- a completed graduate student application form;
- admission test scores (a photocopy will suffice to accommodate the evaluation process but applicants must instruct the testing service to supply official copies);
- official transcripts reflecting all baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate work including degrees earned;
- payment of a non-refundable application fee of $40.00;
- a letter of intent or essay, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
- three letters of recommendation, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
- a vita or resume, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
International1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
The annual Graduate Studies Endowment Scholarships in honor of Drs. C. Robert Waterman, Helen Wilson and Robert McRae will be awarded in the spring. Outstanding graduate students will receive $1,000 each for the academic year as Waterman, Wilson and McRae Scholars. Need or current financial aid will not be considered in making these awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.