For the M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, students must meet a minimum residency requirement of three quarters, one complete academic year, in the University of California, Riverside .
At least two of these three quarters must be spent at UCR. Registration in at least 4 units of 100 or 200 level course work is necessary for each quarter of academic residence. Students should enroll in 12 units each quarter unless the Graduate Advisor grants an exception.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cutting-edge research activities by a young and energetic ME faculty span seven broad areas. They include energy processing, bio-applications, nano and microscale engineering, computation and design, materials properties and processing, multiphase flow and combustion, and air quality and fire engineering.
- Faculty directed research is sponsored by federal agencies (NSF, NIH, DOE, ARO, AFOSR, USDAFS, ONR, etc.), state agencies (Cal Trans, CIEE, UCTC, etc.), and industrial sponsors (Raytheon, Aeptec, Lockheed, W.M. Keck Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bourns Inc., etc.)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 309 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California.
- A minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or B-equivalent (if GPA is not on a 4.0 scale). We recommend that you check with the graduate program as they may have a higher standard for their GPA requirements. If your GPA is below this, follow up with the graduate program you are interested. Applications are reviewed in their entirety and the program can look at your other components and advise you on potential admission.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval. Please visit your the graduate program's website you are interested in for any program specific requirements.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8848 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8848 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3814 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.