Graduates of this Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering degree at Virginia Commonwealth University will pursue careers in business/industry and government, or will pursue doctoral degrees.
- Advanced technical skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical and technical skills in engineering and sciences – responds directly to the higher goals of fulfilling the needs of industry for effective, productive engineers and of providing economic development for the region, state and nation
- Advanced problem-solving: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems – stems from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
Student learning outcomes
- Apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Analysis
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Continuum Mechanics
- Topics in Nuclear Engineering
- Directed Research in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 332 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.