The Documentary Film program at Wake Forest University equips students with the skill set needed to produce professional quality films, and provides a respect for the traditions of the craft, an understanding of the economic aspects of the industry, and the intellectual discipline required to translate a creative vision into film.
While this is certainly a skills intensive curriculum, it is also a plan of study that emphasizes the social awareness elements that lie at the heart of the documentary tradition. We, as a faculty, believe it is imperative to impart to students the power and responsibility documentary filmmakers have in a world increasingly dependent on the moving image as a way to educate, inform, and effect change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Documentary Field Production
- Advanced Post Production Techniques
- Cinematography and Sound
- Documentary History
- Documentary Law and Ethics
- Documentary Pre-Production Planning
- Entrepreneurship Education in Non-fiction Filmmaking
- Fundamentals of Documentary Editing
- Imagination Project
- Pedagogy and Curriculum
- Producing, Directing and Writing Documentary
- Post Production Techniques
- Research Methods in Documentary
- Teaching Practicum
- Writing for Documentary
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 222 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 24 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.