Systems Science and Mathematics at Washington University in St. Louis is based on an approach that views an entire system of components as an entity rather than simply as an assembly of individual parts; each component is designed to fit properly with other components rather than to function by itself.
The Engineering and Mathematics of Systems is a rapidly developing field. It is one of the most modern segments of Applied Mathematics, as well as an Engineering discipline. It is concerned with the identification, modeling, analysis, design and control of systems that are potentially as large and complex as the U.S. economy or as precise and vital as a space voyage.
The mission of the McKelvey School of Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis is to promote independent inquiry in engineering research and education with an emphasis on scientific excellence, innovation and collaboration without boundaries.
WashU Engineers produce new knowledge that changes the world, and our faculty are educating students to explore and create in a world we cannot yet imagine. Through research and education, we are making a positive impact on the local community, the country and the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Dynamic Systems
- Nonlinear Dynamic Systems
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Optimization in Function Space
- Electrical & Systems Engineering Graduate Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mathematics View 805 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 12 months.
National57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 12 months.
Part-time student, enrolled in 8 or fewer units: $2,045/unit
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.