The English degree offered by the University of Vermont combines the history of literatures in English, from the Medieval period to the 21st century, with literary theory and cultural criticism. The department also has graduate faculty who specialize in Film and Television Studies, and Rhetoric and Composition.
Why should you pursue an MA in English at The University of Vermont?
- to improve your writing and analytical skills
- to improve your credentials for a career teaching high school English
- to prepare yourself to enter a PhD program in literature or a related discipline
More informationVisit official programme website
- Shakespeare and Tragedy; with Professor Barnaby
- Victorian Novel; with Professor Alexander
- Survery of Literary Theory and Criticism; with Professor Fenton
- Henry James; with Professor Fogel
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 908 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
The following materials should be submitted with your online application:
- Contact information for all three people who will provide letters of recommendation
- One official transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend
- Writing Sample (where required)
- Test Scores (where required)
International1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State683 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 683 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.