Students who pursue the Architecture program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte range from those who are seeking a career change to those who wanted to pursue a liberal arts undergraduate academic program prior to embarking upon architectural studies.
Students admitted to the MArch I program complete a full-time, three-plus-year, 96-credit curriculum that begins in the fall semester.
In the first year of the MArch I program, students acquire the fundamentals of visual and spatial design, conceptualization, problem solving, and material and environmental influences. In addition to design studio, students take introductory coursework in architectural history and theory, building technology, and representation.
In the second year, students join incoming MArch II students to complete a curriculum that includes advanced-design studios coupled with courses in contemporary theory, building technology, computational methods, design methodology and architectural electives.
In the third year, students complete a comprehensive architectural design project, a research-driven graduate diploma studio, along with courses in architectural research, professional practice, and additional architectural electives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural History I: Prehistory-1750
- Materials and Assembly Principles
- Design Studio: Fundamentals
- Representation I: Fundamentals
- Architectural History II: 1750-Present
- Environmental Systems Principles
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 356 other Masters in Design in United States
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- GRE is optional, except in cases where a candidate’s undergraduate GPA is below a 3.25.
- All UNC Charlotte Graduate School application requirements, including a statement of purpose, a current curriculum vitae (CV), transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended, GRE scores (where applicable), and three letters of recommendation.
- A digital portfolio of creative work. Applicants to the M.Arch. I curriculum should submit examples of work that offer evidence of creativity, self-motivation, analysis, and critical thinking. Visual work such as painting, sculpture, furniture making, photography, etc., are acceptable, as are fiction writing, poetry, and any other reasonable evidence of sustained creative endeavor.
- Applicants to the M.Arch. I curriculum are expected to complete introductory, college-level physics and pre-calculus courses.
International13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
In-State3252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1626 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.