The Applied Anthropology track is recommended for students seeking expanded skills for employment in our increasingly inter-cultural and international world. Coursework in the M.A. program will build skills in data collection, analysis, and interpretation and the application of anthropological perspectives to both theoretical and practical community problems. Internships are available for interested students.
- History of Anthropology (fall)
- Seminar in Interdisciplinary Anthropology (spring)
- Ethnographic methods (fall)
- Field project in archaeology (usually summer)
- Methods in biological anthropology (usually summer)
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAnthropology View 171 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- The online application.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on a candidate’s academic and professional promise, at least two from academic referees.
- A statement of purpose that discusses the applicant’s specific interests in anthropology and professional goals.
- GRE scores.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required
- An application fee.
International10228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10228 USD per year and a duration of .
National3511 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3511 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.