About the Program
The Anthropology program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte has two tracks:
- The General Anthropology track is recommended for those preparing for doctoral education or for teaching at the community college level.
- The Applied Anthropology track is recommended for students seeking expanded skills for employment in our increasingly inter-cultural and international world.
Coursework in the M.A. program will build skills in data collection, analysis, and interpretation and the application of anthropological perspectives to both theoretical and practical community problems. Internships are available for interested students.
The program requires 33 credit hours, including 15 hours of core courses. Students will conclude the program with either a research thesis or applied practicum and project report, and an oral defense.
- History of Anthropology
- Theory in Cultural Anthropology
- Issues in Archaeological Practice
- Evolutionary and Biological Anthropology
- Language and Culture: Foundational Issues in Linguistic Anthropology
- Ethnographic Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To be considered for a teaching or research assistantship, please be sure your application is complete by January 15.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Anthropology View 203 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- The online application.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on a candidate’s academic and professional promise, at least two from academic referees.
- A statement of purpose that discusses the applicant’s specific interests in anthropology and professional goals.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required
- An application fee.
- International applicants should consult the special information provided on the website of the Graduate School. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency through an acceptable score on the TOEFL or comparable exam.
International11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1445 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.