Industrial, research, consulting, and commercial firms now demand engineering managers with both cutting-edge technical competence and the management skills necessary to forge linkages with the systems and business sides of these organizations.
System analytics skills such as data visualization techniques, data warehousing and management for supporting system-wide decision-making, data-driven optimization methods for modeling, as well as simulation and quality control, are keys to developing novel solutions and to resolving organizational challenges with speed and accuracy. These managers must be able to form and manage high performance teams and manage business and technological operations. The Engineering Management program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is necessarily multidisciplinary, combining elements of advanced study in various engineering disciplines with studies of business and system operations and organizational behavior.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Deterministic System Analysis
- Industrial and Technology Management Seminars
- Stochastic System Analysis
- Engineering Management
- Energy Systems
- Engineering Experimental Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 906 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Either a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related technical or scientific field, or a bachelor’s degree in business, provided relevant technical course requirements have been met
- Undergraduate coursework in engineering economics, calculus, or statistics
- An average GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory GRE or GMAT
- Transcript(s) showing a baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, or a scientific discipline, or a baccalaureate degree in business administration from a college or university accredited by an accepted accrediting body
- Written descriptions of any relevant and significant work experience
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to satisfy the UNC Charlotte Graduate School’s English proficiency requirements
- Applicants with more than 2 years of relevant industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a U.S. ABET-EAC accredited program may have the GRE requirement waived.
International13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1626 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.