The curriculum of the Public Administration program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte emphasizes the analysis of the political and administrative environments as well as the administrative decision-making approaches of public administration. Application of techniques and administrative skills to the management of nonprofit organizations is also included in the curriculum. The methods of instruction employed in the program expose students to a variety of approaches to public management.
Students may enroll in the Master of Public Administration program on either a full-time or part-time basis. The majority of classes are scheduled in the evening throughout the year. Classes meet on the main University campus and at UNC Charlotte Center City.
The Master of Public Administration program is structured in three distinct phases: 1) Core, 2) Advanced Work, and 3) directed Study Or Research Project. In all, the program requires 39 hours of graduate credit for completion of the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations in Public Administration
- Public Organizations and Management
- Research Methods for Public Administrators
- Data Analysis for Decision Making
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 553 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Application submitted online to the Graduate Admissions Office, accompanied by the application fee, which is neither deductible nor refundable
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a college or university accredited by an accepted accrediting body
- An undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- An appropriate score on the Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical portions of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Although there is no required score for these exams, typically an acceptable score would be above the 35th percentile.
- A written statement of professional career goals and a description of any significant work experience, particularly in the public or nonprofit sectors
- Three supporting letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Submission of two official transcripts from all postsecondary educational institutions in which the candidate was enrolled
International13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6664 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6664 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1626 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.