The International Relations MA program offered at San Francisco State University draws from multiple disciplines to study global issues and the interactions of governments, institutions, and societies worldwide.
A globalized world calls for academics and professionals trained to comprehend complex interactions and craft solutions to meet the challenges of today and the future. As the world is changing, so is the field of International Relations.
The program offers a wide-range of courses that explore the interrelations of the world’s primary political institutions, nation-states, the growing role of non-state actors, and specific geographic regions and issue-areas. We train students in different theoretical approaches and empower them to make their own methodological choices. Our program provides a comprehensive and adaptable toolkit for advancing careers in academic, policy, and business fields.
Employment possibilities for graduates in international relations exist in business, government, electronic and print journalism, teaching, and private international service (e.g., U.N. Association, Red Cross, etc.). Students completing a degree find it excellent preparation for entry into highly competitive programs of advanced study or work abroad in areas of special interest or knowledge.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory and Approaches in International Relations
- The Analysis of Foreign Policy
- International Political Economy
- International Security
- Asia and the World System
- Methods and Thesis Selection in International Relations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 651 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- To receive serious consideration, applicants will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with relevant coursework and a grade point average of at least 3.3 (out of 4.0) in the last 60 units of undergraduate study
- One official transcript from every college or university attended
- The score on the GMAT or GRE
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- International applicants will need to file the Financial Affidavit form to obtain an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.