Sociology at University of Kansas also contributes to professional education in such fields as social welfare, social policy, architecture, education, journalism, personnel administration, business, and medicine.
Aside from professional interests, the department offers instruction to assist students in deepening their understanding of social relations and, hence, of the social context of their own lives.
- Elements of Sociology
- American Identities
- Comparative Societies
- Self and Society
- Social Problems and American Values
- Sociology of Families
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Cognitive Sciences View 196 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
Prerequisites for regular degree-seeking admission to the program are:
- a baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 grade-point average
- 15 hours of college credit in sociology
- a course in sociological theory
- a course in statistics
- a completed online application form
- a current resume/curriculum vitae
- a one-two page statement (single-spaced) of academic interests and professional goals
- three recommendation forms and letters focused on academic performance
- one complete set of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.